Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 1

According to the Hansen training plan, I was to jog 0-4 miles today. This evening I went 5. It was nice except my knees are sore after the super long bike ride yesterday. Tomorrow will be my first speed run. Wonder how I'll do at that.

On a side note, I have to jog about a half mile through a kind of bad area. I jogged between two men about 22 yrs old, I guess. As I was passing, I smiled briefly at them. The one on my left yelled at me, "Holy mother-f**king sausage!!! I love you!!! (repeated he loved me several times) Then, "Baby girl, I've got somethin' for you, but I'm pretty sure it's too big!!!" This the sort of thing that makes me wish I carried a gun, not just for self-defense, but mainly so I could shoot men like this on sheer principle. There is also another man about half mile from my apt who yells lewd comments at me several times a week. This really pisses me off. I typically run in shorts and a tank top (which does not show anything not that I have much to show off). I am not attempting to ellicit any sort of sexual response from men, nor do I wish to be asked out on a date when I am working out. To all you pervs out there, I want to throw rocks at you!!!!

Here is a link to my friend Angie's blog, The full 26.2. She has done a marathon before and has lots of cool stuff to say. http://thefull26point2.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment