Ok. I did my first speed run today. I was experiencing some soreness all day and at work this evening after doing a 5 mi run and a 7 mi run back to back. Today was my speed training day, in which I jogged 1/4 mi, then ran 1/4 mi as fast as I could, alternating this for 2 mi. During the 4 slow 1/4 miles I jogged my normal pace. The last one, I actually walked a few paces. I must've gone pretty fast for the sprinting part because when I looked at clock when I got home it had been 15 minutes. I normally jog about an 11 min mile. I think I might have pushed a little too hard because I was have some shooting pains in left ankle and knee during last quarter mile. So, I think I may take it a little slower next time and try to stretch it out for 3 miles or so. Otherwise, it was really fun. It's not too often these days I just run as hard as I can, so I had a good time doing it tonight, despite the storm. The rain felt really good, but made it harder to see in the dark. Tomorrow, is a rest day. I always look forward to running, but do better on the days after a day off. So, we'll see what I can do Thursday.
Angie's blog:
http://thefull26point2.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment