Thursday, June 23, 2011

Days 16 and 17 - Speed stuff

So Day 16 is a speed day. I alternated sprinting 1/4 mile and jogging 1/4 mile, for 3 miles. It was much easier to use the jog time to recover. I noticed that when I sprint I use different muscles than jogging, so sprinting is a relief from jogging and vice versa. This makes total sense to me, but I had never thought about it before. Another unexpected bonus is that Speed Day brings out my inner child and puts me in a great mood. Next week I am going to try sprint for 1/2 mile, jog 1/4 mile.

Day 17 (Wed) was a day off. I actually wanted to get out for short run, but made myself rest so my muscles can recover. I think I'll be increasing my distance for the upcoming week by quite a bit so I will probably be happy I rested by Sunday. So, my day consisted of hanging out by the pool, cleaning my apartment, and a late-night bike ride to George's. Since I didn't run and had rode my bike, I indulged in a Blue Moon and 2 Washington Apples. Then I came home and made nachos (and drank a bunch of water) while watching Anthony Bourdain. Not a bad day at all.

Since Angie is tracking her weekly mileage, I decided it's a good idea to do the same...

Miles this week: 7

And as always we should check in on Angie's blog:
http://thefull26point2.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment