Day 19 (Friday) was a 4-7 mile run. I jogged from my house to Wilson Park, around the park 8 times, & back home, which totaled to 7.5 miles. I hadn't varied my route much, so this was my first run around the park in a while. The city pool was showing Yogi Bear, the movie on a giant screen, so that was kinda cool. For the first 2 miles, I was not feeling like running at all, just wanted to go home and lie down. But I pushed through it & wasn't all that tired when I finished. Also, I did the entire run at marathon pace (11 min miles) so I was pretty happy about that.
Day 20 (Sat) was 4-6 miles. I had to go at 3:30 because of work at 7. This was a terrible idea. Because of the heat, I was going for the 4 miles. It was a horribly miserable, awful run. The first 2 miles, I was hot, but I'd slowed down to avoid overheating. By mile 3, I had to stop and walk the rest of the way, because I could tell I was getting close to a heat stroke or something. What's weird is I can run after 6 or 7 even with out it being so bad, but anything earlier in afternoon is not doable for me even with temp difference of 2 or 3 degrees. I got to thinking though - I take a medication with a side effect that makes it harder for your body to regulate it's temperature. There are disclaimers all over bottle about danger of overheating with use. I take it right before I go to bed, so I think maybe it hasn't worn off completely by afternoon, which may be affecting some of the runs I try to do earlier in the day. Also, direct sunlight beating down on you feels good for a mile or two, but beyond that, I want some damn shade.
Tonight, I want to do 10 miles. However, I really got my butt kicked at work last nite, so I may not go quite so far. My goal is to have done a 10 mile run by my birthday which is in 2 1/2 weeks, so I'll have two more Sundays if tonight doesn't work out.
Miles for Fri: 7.5
Miles for Sat: 4
Miles this week: 22.5
Let's see what's up w/ Angie:
http://thefull26point2.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment