Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Days 22 & 23, Recovering....

Day 22 called for 0-6 miles. I wanted to go ahead and try for the upper end of 6 miles. 6 miles seems like nothing compared to 10, but I had to keep in mind that it seems like the day's run after a super-long one like Sunday's seems more difficult than the long one. Your body just hasn't recovered yet. Also, when I know I'm doing a really long run, I get this rush of adrenaline which continues til almost the end of the run and makes it a lot easier. This is what I am hoping for on race day. Anyway, I chose to do the 6 mile run around Wilson Park. It kinda sucked. First, it was super hot and humid with no breeze. Second, I was super-tired and didn't drink enough water. By the third time around the park, I was so miserable and overheated I had to stop and walk a few paces or I knew it was gonna get bad for me. It turned out to need just a few paces to cool down a little and get going again. I debated about stopping a 4 miles, but by the time I got around the park I was feeling up for the full 6 again and finished. It wasn't quite marathon pace but I was just happy to make it as far as I did when I felt bad to start.

Day 23, today, was Speed Day. Since the three miles last week were so easy, I wanted to do a half mile sprint followed by a quarter mile recovery jog for 6 miles. However, I got up really late today and ate too close to my run time. It's not easy to sprint half a mile with food in your stomach. Eww. So, I did the 1/2 mile run, 1/4 jog thing for 4 miles. I'm really not that worn out from it now, so I prolly could have gone for the full 6. Just wasn't feeling it today. I can tell that my sprinting is getting faster. I have more speed days than I thought so maybe next week I can try for 6 again and actually do it. Last speed day, I did some power yoga to offset the tightness in my muscles which I am about to do again right now. Tomorrow is a day off. I had planned on going swimming but I think it's supposed to rain. Might ride my bike instead. Hard for me to go a day without physical activity.

Miles Monday: 6
Miles today: 4
Miles this week: 10

Let's check in on Angie, see how she's recovering after her 10 mile run: http://thefull26point2.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment