Monday, June 20, 2011

Days 14 & 15

Day 14 was a 4-8 mile run. I set out with the intention of 8 miles, but I missed the .25 mile marker on Mud Creek Trail and wound up going 8.5 miles without stopping. I ran miles 3-5.5 in a near sprint because there are no lights on this part of the path and I HATE not being able to see. Was so jumpy that I yelped everytime I heard something in the woods off the path. Still, the extra speed in the middle did not seem to burn me out any extra. The last 1.5 mile was agony. At one point, I felt something twist in my lower abdomen. Whatever it was, it resulted in a sharp pain that continued through the night. I remember thinking to myself that I may have actually bounced out an ovary or some other non-vital organ, leaving it behind on bike path. Also, starting in about mile 6, I felt like I had an ice pick through my lower left leg, which had been cramping all day. Anyway, I made it home and felt pretty good. I think I could have held out for 9 miles, but 10 would definitely be too much for this week. I have three more Sundays before my birthday. I would like to do a ten mile run by then. Would be pretty cool to be able to jog ten miles at age 30.
Also, saw some pretty weird stuff on the bike path this week. I was coming around a curve and could hear someone yelling on the other side. I thought maybe it was coming from the UA cross-country field, but turns out it's this huge, 6 1/2 foot tall, sweaty, scary guy who's approaching from opposite direction and yelling crazy stuff about Jesus out loud in front of everybody. Things such as, "Jesus will avenge you all", "He is coming," etc. Soooo weird. Among other strange things, I saw random t-shirts, bath towels, etc lying on ground. Someone dumped trashbags of clothing into Scull Creek. Also, saw some discarded boxer briefs. It surprises me how often I see underwear of all varieties on bike path.

Day 15 was 0-6 mile run. I had planned on going on POD bike ride today, but I showed up where we were supposed to meet and no one was there. Turns out it was canceled. Since I was already out, I went on a 10 mile ride by myself. It was really hot, but nice to be out in sunshine. I am a total sunshine junkie. Later, in the evening I attempted a 4 mile run, but I switched to walking by 2.5 mi because my calves were cramping and I just did not feel well. A young, not-bad-looking guy on a bicycle snatched up some fresh flowers as I was approaching and gave them to me, when I was within about a mile of my apartment. It was really sweet and happened just as I was feeling really down on myself for breaking down and walking. So I guess I walked a little over a mile of my run today. Still not too bad considering how much I had done the day before. Tomorrow is speed day. I am going to try for the full 3 mi speed run. Seems like it really helped Angie already.

Let's see how she's doing... http://thefull26point2.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment