Sunday, June 12, 2011

Days 5, 6, & 7

Despite my (sort of) busy weekend, I managed to keep up with my training. Getting new shoes was best thing I could have done for myself at this point. Nowhere near as painful to run. Friday I went 7 miles in about 90 degree heat. That's my longest run to date. I was still shaky when I got to work and my legs felt weak and wobbly all night, but otherwise I felt great. Saturday I just did 2.5 because I had to be at work early. Today, I was going to try for 8 miles but I got a late start. I hate to run after 10 pm unless I do my route on Dickson St. After 10, I like to stay in well lit areas where I can hear people - just makes me feel safer. So, tonight I just did 5 miles, which is actually starting to feel pretty easy. However, running so late, I went for about a mile in the semi-darkness without seeing anyone. Daytime, I wouldn't care, but at night, it's kinda creepy. So, I just need to get started by 8 or 8:30 if I want to do longer runs.

Here is a link to Angie's blog, so we can see how her weekend went.
http://thefull26point2.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment